Compare and save on your car insurance with MoneyPanda
A lot of research goes into finding the best suited car insurance companies out there. Everyone is bombarded with sales pitches and advertising from every insurance company under the sun on all platforms. Be it in web ads, pop ups, ads on social media, newspapers and magazines, even Talking Tom developers now throw ads in your face every chance they get! There is never a shortage of car insurance companies out there, the problem is knowing who has the best car insurance deal to offer and who is actually going to be on your side when it comes to claims stage
The lives lead in today’s society doesn’t offer up much time for quote hunting. The number one reason why people go with the first best option they find is because there simply isn’t time to do a thorough search and take all companies into account. This leaves consumers often paying more than needed, or paying just enough to not actually be covered to the extent thought when the time comes.
So what now? Are you feeling confused and don’t know where to start? Let The Panda drop some knowledge on you.
The Panda is going to help solve your problems. Having The Panda do all the research and quote hunting for you frees up your time and gives you peace of mind knowing that you will get the best insurance quote possible from reliable car insurance companies
So many choices… why use MoneyPanda
- Can you spare less than 5 minutes to find the best motor insurance quote?
- Do you want to compare multiple accurate quotes, in no time?
Take the time to receive 90% accurate prices for your needed vehicle insurance directly from insurance providers. The Panda compares the biggest insurance companies in South Africa, which means we will find you the most affordable deal out there. This offers the chance for you to see immediately if you are paying too much for your current motor insurance and gives you the chance to start saving instantly.
- Do you like FREE things? (Uhh YEAH, who doesn’t)
- Firstly, decide if you want to spend more time online or more time on the phone. There are 2 options: 1. You can receive an online quote 2. You can fill in a quick form and get a call back to give you details.
- If you do the online quote; it will take less than 5 minutes to fill in your personal details and your vehicle details. You will then see premium prices from multiple providers.
- Decide on your preferred premium and provider, and that’s that!
- A qualified agent will get in touch with you and guide you through the next few steps. It’s that easy!
5 minutes is less than the time it would take to order a cup of coffee at a café, less than the time it would take to brush your teeth or even make your bed in the morning. The Panda finds you the best quotes for your car insurance needs… (drum roll please) in less than 5 minutes!
Letting The Panda gather your quotes for your vehicle insurance is 100% FREE. It’s a total bonus. Getting you exactly what you need, saving you money and did I tell you it was FREE.
The process; how does it work and will it leave me frustrated?
The answer is no… there is not much to it at all, let’s show you.
Why do I need Vehicle Insurance and will I not be scammed?
Most people think that insurance companies are scammers. And rightly so. There are many companies operating all over the world that are not true and often catch innocent people unexpectedly through unethical business practises. This is why MoneyPanda has chosen providers very carefully and offer you broker services for free, to help you claim and answer any of your questions… whenever you need assistance.
We cannot predict when it will be needed, and hopefully you won’t ever have to, but can you really risk not having it? Can you really afford to replace your car should you be in an accident? Can you afford the extensive repairs when you’re in a “fender bender”?
(“It’s never going to happen to me”, doesn’t work here )
The numbers of road accidents in South Africa are always rising. Buses and minibus taxis that speed to try and get their passengers to their destination as quickly as possible, motorists that can’t separate from their cell phone even when driving and simple utter disregard for road safety and regulations. It truly makes it hard for motorists to go without insurance, and at the risk of actually venturing onto South Africa’s road ways, it needs to be d#mn good motor insurance!
“In my opinion, and based on my workload, the scale and intensity of road accidents has increased over the past decade,” he said. “Everything from the pedestrian that walks across the road and gets hit by the car, to the minibus taxis that roll and patients scattered everywhere. It can get very graphic on some days.”- Ian Watson- a paramedic working on South African roads for 16 years.
Having motor insurance is a necessary evil to put it lightly. Facing reckless unruly drivers out there, that just don’t care, aside from getting from A to B as quickly as possible, one can simply not forego car insurance.
For that simple undeniable peace of mind.
Having motor vehicle insurance offers you peace of mind. Knowing that when you venture out onto the streets that you are covered should anything happen while you are out. Then, should you, by any chance be the cause of the accident, you are at least then in a position to help repair any of the damages caused by the event. If you did not have that car insurance, anything that happens on the road, be it your fault or not, would leave you very seriously out of pocket. Accidents happen. No matter how good of a driver you are. Having auto insurance for that simple fact alone is one of the main reasons why you should.
There is so much more other than road accidents.
Motor vehicle insurance does not only cover you should you be involved in a road accident. There are so many other issues that occur involving your vehicle that many people do not even think of.
Incidents such as:
- Car keying: Got into a fight with a partner or friend? What happens when they take their boundless frustration and boiling anger out on your prized sleek beauty in the drive way?
- Spontaneous combustion: You could be driving home from a work function and your car burns out with no warning! Your life, literally going up in smoke. Good thing your covered with insurance, hey?
- AA services: It’s never thought of ahead of time because you always need them when you least expect it. Getting stuck next to the road, more often than not, the creepiest, most desolated stretch of road, with a flat tyre or blown head gasket is something no one can prevent and having that extra helping hand turns a stressful situation into something a lot more manageable. Even when you keep hearing those weird sounds coming from the bushes.
These are just a few examples of extras that come with the vehicle insurance that many tend to forget about, but offer a lot more value to what you’re paying for.
Getting the best by comparing
Its human nature to compare prices. We are always looking for the better priced option trying to save money in every way possible. It is the same principle when looking at car insurance. Taking the time to compare multiple vehicle insurance quotes offers the perspective one needs when choosing the policy that best covers your needs. You never know if what you have been offered is the best if you have nothing to compare it to.
Saving by combining.
Ever heard of the saying – “the more you add the cheaper it gets”?
By having your vehicle insurance and home insurance on the same policy, it is not unheard of to find that your premiums are more often than not, cheaper. When looking at what you would be paying should you have separate policies for your home insurance and car insurance when combining the fees.
Short term Insurance companies often use that as a tactic to lure prospective consumers in and gain their business. It is in a way, a smarter option to have all your ducks in one basket, or was that eggs? In any case, you can have one broker handling it all instead of having to jump from one to the other should anything happen.
Hi5 for under 25!
Yes, yes! We all know that being young and owning a vehicle equals astronomical premiums for your vehicle insurance. This being that experts say that younger, inexperienced drivers are more likely to be in a car accident in the first year of having their license. Car insurance companies in South Africa all agree that drivers under the age of 25 years old more often than not participate in reckless driving habits and tend to speed more. Even though every youngster professes to be the best and safest driver out there, *wink – wink*.
Because we like you already, here are 4 tips to lower your risk factor, lowering your car insurance premiums;
- Try not to have the best most powerful car out there. Higher powered cars are classified as dangerous and heighten your risk factor. Even though it heightens your street cred.
- Go take a defensive driving course diploma. – This improves your chances of being considered a safer driver with your motor insurance provider.
- Take out a policy on your own name instead of your parents. This will provide you with a safe driving record and this will be a good reflection when experts decide your rates. It will also get you into your folks’ good books by paying your own way on your car insurance.
- Elect for a “pay as you drive policy.” This will encourage you to drive less and lower your risk of being involved in an accident.
Where there is a will, there is a way!
Know how your car insurance works when it comes to claims and increase your chances of them being APPROVED.
When it comes to having to lay a claim with your motor insurance company, it means you have just been through something that has carried a loss. A motor vehicle accident or a related event involving your car.
This can be a very stressful time and it is not always easy to keep your cool during the claims process. Understanding the process and having what you need, will go a long way in making it an easier task to deal with.
Ensure you have the following:
- Police report / case number – if anything, you need to have this to register your claim with your vehicle insurance company.
- Go through your terms and conditions of your car insurance policy – this will validate whether or not your claim is covered. Work through it with your claims representative, they will then assess whether or not to go forward once all the documentation required is gathered.
- Answer all and any questions the appointed assessor asks, truthfully. (if there is something untruthful in your statement, it give the insurance company ammo to reject your claim)
- Keep any and all appointments made by the assessor appointed by your motor insurance company. These are set up for them to assess your claims against the damage incurred.
**Once you have your claim number keep it handy for reference when needed.
Only once the assessor is satisfied will the claim be authorized. This is crucial to your case.
Find out if your car insurance company has an online platform for you to register your claim. This method can be a lot less stressful and make things a lot easier to deal with.
Always keep a paper trail. Keep records of all your correspondence with your motor insurance provider as well as phone records and affidavits and police reports.
!!! Only go forward with repairs or replacements when you have received expressed written consent from your motor vehicle insurer and only use approved outlets listed and contracted by the car insurance company.
Primetime rules of car insurance purchasing
- Don’t settle for higher excess! Yes we all know that higher excess means lower rates but this is not always the better option. The higher the excess the more you pay from your own pocket when you claim.
- Get the better comprehensive car insurance cover rather than the lower premiums. Get sufficient cover, you’ll be greatful for that choice in the long run should you ever need to claim.
- Compare! Compare! Compare! Not all car insurance providers wear their hearts on their sleeves. Sometimes more in depth research is required to find the answers you need.
- Don’t be a lone driver. Add another driver with more experience to increase your coverage and benefits.
- Read your policy thoroughly. Car insurance companies love to hide escape clauses for themselves in the fine print buried deep under all the legal jargon. If you are not sure of something, have someone that speaks the lingo have a look at it for you and explain it in a way you understand. Don’t get caught off guard when it matters most!
When faced with the daunting task of choosing your car insurance policy, rest assured that by following these rules you’ll find the best suited auto insurance plan for your needs.
- Retail value: this means that your car will be insured for the estimated price a dealer would sell it for. Giving you the option to replace your vehicle with a similar make and model.
- Market value: This is the value you would place on your car should you wish to replace it immediately should you be in an accident or be a victim of theft etc. most likely this value is less than that of the retail value because factors such as mileage, service reports, accident history and overall condition, are taken into account.
- Trade value: This is the estimated “book – value” of your car. This is the price a dealership would buy your vehicle from you for.
- Special agreed value: This is the value agreed upon between the consumer and motor insurance provider. Should the car be written off as a total loss, the car insurance provider would agree to reimburse the agreed amount to the consumer.
Value for money!! So important to us South Africans. Insure your car for the following values:
FAQ’s – YOUR INSURANCE AND CLAIMS QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Why does my car need to go in for inspection?
A: Your car insurance company needs to have detailed report of your vehicle. Assessing any current damage and condition. Also record any details about sound systems and accessories.
Why does an immobilizer need to be fitted when there is a gear lock available?
A: Humans are very forgetful! Most insurance providers have immobilisers supplied by an approved dealer to protect your vehicle should you forget to initialise it. Life’s easy when it’s automated!
How long does it take to get car insurance quotes?
A: less than five minutes using MoneyPanda!
Does gender play a role in car insurance premium rates?
A: Yes, it does! Statistically speaking it has been proven that more men are involved in motor collisions than woman. It has also been shown that woman are more hyper aware of their surroundings, thus making them more vigilant on the road. So the bases for this life long debate between genders as to who are better drivers? Based on the car insurance companies rates they go with women.
Does the age of my car affect its coverage?
A: Yes it does. Older cars are less valuable. Yes, the sentimental value may be higher to you but sadly retail and market value tell a different story. Older cars are also seen as a higher risk for break downs and mechanical liability. This all plays a role in vehicle insurance coverage.
To make this entire process easier compare car insurance with MoneyPanda because it’s simple, saves you time and the Panda works with a brokerage that it going to assist you every step of the way.
cheap car insurance south africa Budget car insurance south africa Prime Meridian car insurance south africa Outsurance car insurance quote fnb car insurance car insurance south africa calculator Old Mutual car insurance car insurance companies in south africa list of car insurance companies in south africa list of cheapest car insurance companies south africa best car insurance companies south africa 2017 best car insurance companies in south africa cheapest insurance south africa top 10 insurance companies south africa best car insurance companies south africa 2017