Warning Signs of Listeriosis Outbreak!
So everyone is talking about Enterprise food products being recalled, the price drop of Tiger Brands share value and taking your products back to get a refund but no one is telling us what the symptoms are and what we should do if we think we may have Listeria.
It's great to know all these other things but honestly, shouldn't we be focused on our HEALTH status and not the just the products that we may and may not have eaten.
That's where this guy comes in to tell you which symptoms you should look out for:
- Muscle aches
The scary thing is that symptoms can either appear after a couple of hours after eating the infected food or as late as 30 days after being infected. If Listeria spreads to the nervous system it's important to look out for the following symptoms:
- Loss of balance
- Confusion/changes in alertness
- Head aches
- Stiff neck
What Do I Do If I Have These Symptoms:
So to me this sounds like a common stomach bug which we have all experienced and just let is pass. This time we need to take these symptoms more seriously. How do we know when it's time to actually go see a doctor?
If you know you have eaten any of the food that has been recalled by grocers, Checkers, Woolworths, Shoprite, Pick n Pay, Makro ect. and you are experiencing 2 or 3 of the entry symptoms (fever, diarrhea, muscle aches, nausea) it's recommended that you go see your GP immediately to be tested. If you have experienced those symptoms and you are starting to experience the symptoms that affect your nervous system it's recommended that you go to the emergency room straight away.
Now it may be your common tummy bug or virus but with the Listeriosis outbreak do you really want to take that chance?
Do you want to know why petrol prices are so high in South Africa, read The Panda's article:
You may also like
- Driving over the speed limit by 30km/h or 40km/h respectively can see you have y...
- Zuma & Cyril Ramaphosa are secretly negotiating a deal. Sources state that i...
- Load Shedding is back on schedule for South Africa, we all know that frustrating...
- Yip, it’s true… the final amendments for the new AARTO legislation have been mad...
- If you have ever bought anything on credit or taken a loan at some point in...
- 2019 is looking to be a challenging year for all car owners as new taxes such as...
- I know I know it seems unreal but I promise you this isn't a joke. The Departmen...
- In an effort to reduce drunk driving in South Africa, the police are clamping do...