Unhappy At Work? Something Needs To Change
Do You Sit Back & View? Or Get Up And DO?
Let’s be real, it isn’t always easy. Even though our Facebook posts may make it look like we are peachy when in actual fact we are working just to reach the weekend. You spend the majority of your time at work, make sure you are actually enjoying what you do.
Straight out of high school you have that zeal to start earning your own doe. The pure eagerness overflows and you are so happy to be earning cash you don’t care if you have to flip burgers or polish cars. But what happens when you sit back and realise that 10 years down the line you have become complacent and are still in the same place? And instead of eager to earn a minimum wage you are now eager to turn a new page.
Are you unhappy with how much you are paying for your Car Insurance? Do something about it today and check if you can pay less with another provider:
Is It You Or Your Job That Needs To Change
If you want to breathe new life into a good job you already have, your job doesn’t need to change – you do! In most cases you would find that taking a step back and evaluating your feelings about your job would help you see what needs to change. For example, in Seth Gobins Book: “Lynch pin- Are you indispensable?” he speaks of a lady who felt stuck in a dead end job and how changing the way she did her job changed the way she felt about it.
“She stood up, spoke up, and started doing a new job. She didn’t leave her organization, didn’t even get a new title or new responsibilities. Instead, she started doing her old job in a new way.”
- Find new ways to engage yourself in your job, for example, write your personal targets down for the first quarter, yes you heard me…not the targets that your boss gave you, YOUR TARGETS. It could be as simple as getting along with Susan at the front desk.
- Instead of hiding from responsibility or avoiding problems, find the problems!
- Take the initiative to find solutions to the problems you have found, even if it’s not your job.
You will feel more involved and as an added bonus, people in higher places will notice your initiative and this could open new doors for your career.
Freelancing, It’s A Real Thing!
Many people have wondered about freelancing but for most it’s just a thought that passes. It doesn’t have to be and it’s not as scary as it seems. Now, I’m not saying go quit your job, freelancing is easy money.
It’s been said by SmallBizTrends that 1 in 3 Americans are Freelancers. McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) published a report showing that 20 – 30% of the working age group in the US and European population take part in some form of extra income. South Africa is definitely catching up in this area.
It has been projected by MGI that in the next decade platforms such as Upwork, Freelancer and OneSpace will grow by 2% providing the equivalent of 72m full-time jobs. With the help of the speedy advancements in technology, the world has shaped itself into a cacophony of opportunity for the freelance workforce.
If you are interested in freelancing check out our article: Top 6 Tips To Start Freelancing
You may also like
- Load Shedding is back on schedule for South Africa, we all know that frustrating...
- Everyone’s feeling the pinch already in 2019 and the 2019 Budget Speech didn’t h...
- Yip, it’s true… the final amendments for the new AARTO legislation have been mad...
- South Africans should brace themselves for what is being dubbed ‘the biggest pet...
- On Monday, July 30 2018, a minibus taxi carrying over twenty learners on the N2 ...
- When it comes to driving, two conversations are always had. Firstly, do Cap...
- Ever wondered which jobs in South Africa are in high demand?Whether you're in hi...
- Freelancing is growing at a rapid speed in South Africa. South Africans are taki...