Most Popular Used Cars Bought During Lockdown
We take a look at the top 10 second hand cars that have been purchased during the lockdown in South Africa 2020.
Covid-19 has hit majority of industries negatively but after the storm comes a rainbow, the glimmer of colour, in this case, it may be how industries are going to be forced to adapt and evolve. We are excited to see the innovative things the automobile industry comes up with to roll with the punches as face to face sales may no longer be an option.
AutoTrader reported there were over 33 million searches for their website in March as new car sales decline drastically. South Africans are trying to make conservative purchases as the world as we know it changes and we can’t predict anything. This can also be due to a decrease in disposable income because of how hard Covid-19 has hit the South African economy. Are you trying to reduce expenses? Car insurance surely isn’t the most fun payment but it’s certainly necessary, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try save on your car insurance. Check if you could be paying less with this online car insurance quoting system:
AutoTrader reported that an estimated 30 000 vehicles were sold in March 2019 compared to 33 000 cars sold in March 2020. “The cumulative used car sales for March is impressive, amounting to over R10 billion, reflecting a year-on-year increase of 14%. There’s little positive news out there – but used car sales in South Africa during March do provide a glimmer of hope.”, said George Minnie, CEO of AutoTrader.
Top Ten Used Cars Sold During Lockdown Covid-19
Buying a used car makes sense during this time as it’s far more affordable and you will most likely get more than you bargained for. We are seeing much more variety of secondhand cars being sold and people are willing to let their cars go for less than what they normally would as many are strapped for cash.
- Volkswagen’s Polo
- Ford Ranger
- Volkswagen Polo Vivo
- Mercedes C-Class
- Toyota Hilux
- BMW 3-Series
- Toyota Fortuner
- Volkswagen Golf
- Ford Fiesta
- Ford EcoSport
You may be interested in our article: UPDATED: Best & Worst Insurance Companies of 2019 in SA
You may also like
- Are you one of the many thousands of South Africans who put their hard-earned ca...
- The days of getting your car license renewal reminder in the post a couple of we...
- Driving over the speed limit by 30km/h or 40km/h respectively can see you have y...
- We have based the best vehicles to buy on their resale value. Because I mean ult...
- I feel like I'm on a yo-yo diet here, up, down, up, down. South Africa's petrol ...
- I know I know it seems unreal but I promise you this isn't a joke. The Departmen...
- According to the Automotive Association of South Africa, 11.4 million vehicles a...
- Yip, it’s true… the final amendments for the new AARTO legislation have been mad...