Notifications
Clear all

what are the most important things to look at when buying a "new" second-hand car?  

RSS

Shereen-lobsher
(@shereen-lobsher)
14/04/2020 5:48 pm  

Im in the market to buy a second hand car and I see all these ads up of people saying their cars are in great condition but honestly I dont know what Im looking for. WHat should I be careful for, I know there are alot of scams out their and I dont have money to waste buying a car that isnt going to last

Batman368
(@batman368)
14/04/2020 6:37 pm  

The most important things to look out for when you buy a second hand car in SA, I suggest these things: - When you test drive the car check the brakes and warning lights for mechanical problems,- Make sure the car has paperwork and ask for it, like service record and registration papers- Look out for low mileage, I suggest under 100k to get a really good deal- Turn the radio off when you drive and make sure there isnt any load noises, knocking and rumbling sounds etc. - Pop the hood of the car and check that the engine is kept clean and it doesnt look like its full of oil or build up of any kind- Check all the seats and behind every corner to look for tears in the seat or cracks in the interior- Make sure there isnt an excessive amount of smoke coming from the exhaust, this is never a good sign- Make sure the colour of the body of the car is even! If it's not it was probably resprayed and that means its most likely been in an accident- Always ask if the car has been in an accident or has had serious damage, if it seems like they are lying or things dont add up, probably shouldnt trust them- Check the tyres and if they are in good condition, if they need to be replaced, check the price of that cars tyres as some cars only take very expensive tyres

ReplyQuote
Share:
PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Open chat
Hi, Thank you for using MoneyPanda, Lets see if we can save you on your car insurance premium today.

Please supply us with your name and surname, and we will get one of our qualified brokers to assist you.